Friday, June 27, 2014

Secret Swatch Business


I love this little Kyoto shop. It's filled to the brim with old, often antique Japanese fabrics & kimono - some of them very expensive. 

If you are travelling you don't always want to pay for or lug around a whole bundle of cloth (especially if you already have a collection taking up space around the house!) - so if you are just after a small section to display in a frame these guys have done a good part of the work for you. 

The fabric is already cut and popped into a paper frame so you can imagine what it might look  like on your wall. They range in price from around 800 to 8000 yen depending on the particular fabric or textile used. And they are so easy to pop in your luggage!

Where is this gem of a shop exactly?? that my friends is a little secret I keep for the lovely peeps who come along on my tours  - but if you happen to guess where it is I will be happy to confirm it for you ;) 

If you  feel a gorgeous trip to Kyoto might be on the cards then why not check out my Zenbu Kyoto Winter Cuisine and Culture Tours. 



No comments:

Post a Comment