Saturday, July 12, 2014

Blanc Pierre

One of my favourite little French spots in Kyoto town (and yes there are a few) is Blanc Pierre or as I keep calling it Pierre Blanc.  I must be dyslexic in French.

Housed in a clean, modern space it is a joy just to sit and breath in the cooking aromas. I like to perch myself at the counter with a glass of wine and watch the chef work, occasionally glancing towards their tiny garden through the glass back wall. 

I seem to have come over all Francophilian this week with what will amount to 3 French restaurant posts for Kyoto within a very short span . Needless to say I love the French-Japanese communion. 

And with Kyoto being sister city to Paris... well there are some pretty wonderful French eateries, boulangerie and patisserie to get stuck into .

I'll be brief, as I'm supposed to be working, and just give you a squiz at the kind of dishes you might expect in their lunch course  - for 3200y pp.  All very good. 

Above is a teensy Wagyu fritter amuse bouche
Chilled silken sweet potato soup with vanilla oil.  I could eat this every day.
Very well executed pork terrine with mustard (starter)
Seared Foie Gras on sauteed mushrooms (starter) 
The famous foie gras haambagu - foie gras encased in luscious, garlicky beef mince. 
Tender Duck from France with honey and  local vegetables
Chocolate gateaux with vanilla ice cream
Refreshing citrus ice cream, jelly and fruit




No comments:

Post a Comment