Friday, November 26, 2010

Kampai!

Sake Masterclass

I am so looking forward to sharing the stage with Sake Master Toshi Maeda at the Melbourne Food and Wine Festival on the 12th of March 2011. Toshi-san is digging out a wonderful range of sake for us to try (with some suprising non-japanese food matches) and we'll be chatting about regional Japan and its cuisine.

We are planning a fun and casual but informative class and as it is the last session of the day you can roll home and straight into bed if you need a post tasting nana-nap.

I will be fresh, and I use the term loosely, off the plane from Kyoto so while I might be a little bleary-eyed I will be bursting to share!

Ps. On the the Sunday I'm moderating for the gorgeous Rosa Mitchell of Melbourne's Journal Canteen. Rosa's Sicilian-centric fare is uber-rustic and incredibly comforting. She is a pocket-rocket with a talent for handmade pasta, preserves and salami, exquisite cannoli and rich, hearty slow cooking.  I hear the class is almost booked out so if you miss out you can always check out her book - My Cousin Rosa - and cook her divine (and simple) recipes for yourself.

I can testify that her ethereal cauliflower fritters alone make the purchase worthwhile.  Ohhhh, and the chicken with green olives and capers, the rabbit ragu, the farsomagro, the piping hot fried bread... and the porchetta... and...and...  (Yes. I have eaten my way through most of the book and am a little biased as hers was the very first title I commissioned as a Publisher- you never forget your first apparently...)  I will always have a soft spot for Rosa and her utterly generous and hospitable family. Ms Mitchell is still working on her menu for the day but it promises to be delish.

If you are in town - come along and don't be shy!

No comments:

Post a Comment